The IFGA prides itself on player development and producing players capable of competing at the highest level both at home and abroad.
At the start of 2015, the IFGA launched the first domestic league ‘The Race to Buenos Aires’, which comprised of 11 stages across each of our affiliate courses throughout Ireland.
At the end of the campaign, Gary Mullin was crowned the inaugural Irish Footgolf Champion and Footee (Dublin) the Irish Club Champions. The league standings also formed the basis for selecting the players that represented Ireland at the Footgolf World Cup in Buenos Aires, Argentina back in January 2016, where four of the thirteen-strong team finished in the Top 50 (out of 230 competitors).
The IFGA will be announcing the 2016 Domestic Calendar shortly so please keep an eye on our competitions page for more details.
2016 Player Registration costs €20 and runs for the calendar year. Benefits include:
- Reduced entry fees into IFGA competitions
- Inclusion in the National Rankings
- Eligibility for selection on Team Ireland for European & International tournaments
- Reduced Green Fees at IFGA Approved Footgolf courses
- Subsidised costs for player travel to European & International tournaments (accomm, flights, car rental, competition fees)
To become an IFGA Registered Footgolf player, click here